Hi! I'm Holly Brimhall, a newborn photographer in Gilbert, AZ. I am the mother of 4 and a lover of ALL things baby. This blog is where I share the life of my family and favorite pictures of my newborn photography sessions.

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Sometimes your heart just aches....

Over a week ago, an Arizona hunter and young father of 3, was instantly killed as he slept. He was elk hunting with a friend, and as he slept, a huge pine tree snapped in half and landed on Skylar Stock.

My mind raced back to when Brett and I were newlyweds. My dad and Brett had left to go elk hunting together and promised to be back Saturday night (this was before we had cell phones). That Saturday night, I stayed up late...trying to keep my eyes open...watching infomercials or anything else I could find to just stay awake. Sunday morning, still no sign of them. I got ready, went to church (for 3 hours), came home....nothing. I began to wonder if something serious had happened. Luckily, the only thing that HAD happened, was that Saturday night, just before dark, he had shot an elk, they couldn't get it packed out in time, spent the night there, and had a hard time getting it out that next day. No big deal! But everytime he goes out, I worry! Especially when he goes by himself. But he loves it...and that makes me happy! I really am glad that he has something he enjoys so much!

But here is this family....who could just have easily been me or you. A freak accident, taking the life of this 27 year old husband, father, firefighter.

Our cousins (some of our FAVORITE people on the planet) are having a fundraiser this Saturday at their Dental Office, and even though they don't know the family personally, their hearts go out to his wife and children.

Photobucket
It sure feels good to do something for someone else! God Bless!

2 comments:

Amber 9:50 AM  

Hey-
That is my friends custom frame on your blog... very cool! I love his stuff. Congrats on your new website!

Lisa 2:07 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.

Blog Patrol

About This Blog

Arizona newborn photographer, phoenix area newborn photographer, phoenix newborn photographer, mesa newborn photographer, queen creek newborn photographer, gilbert newborn photographer, custom newborn photographer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP