Hi! I'm Holly Brimhall, a newborn photographer in Gilbert, AZ. I am the mother of 4 and a lover of ALL things baby. This blog is where I share the life of my family and favorite pictures of my newborn photography sessions.

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Dear Workout Shoes....


Photobucket

I miss you terribly! I really do! I miss the sanity that you provided me every day as I'd drop the munchkins off in the daycare. I miss the burning in my lungs and the exhilaration after a good, long workout. I miss dancing in you at my favorite Zumba classes. I miss those advanced step classes and even the dreaded muscle classes (if you even saw our teachers abs...your jaw would hit the floor - yah, mine will never look like that!). I miss slipping you off of my feet and enjoying pilates and yoga. I just plain miss you! I want to hang out with you again!

But I just can't seem to find the time. You see, most mornings my personal scripture study, prayer, reflection time, is cut short by a boy (or two) who are ready to start homeschool....at 7:00 a.m. And I'm just one of those people who feels like once I start something, I can't stop until the job is done. And so it's hard for me. Because I want to find a balance...and I've been searching...but I just can't seem to find it. It seems like lately, more than ever, my life is not about me at all. It's about everyone else around me...what they need...what they want. And I don't seem to have anything left for myself. But I need to spend more time with you....almost like I need air to breath. I'm happier when I spend my morning with you. I feel better about myself. I have more energy. I'm happier. I'm just a better me.

So, I'm going to try. Because I just can't go on without you. So, how about it? You...and me...tomorrow morning? It's a date!

8 comments:

Lindsay 9:54 PM  

You need a schedule! It provides a great foundation for the day but can usually be flexible enough to allow for unexpected happenings. The kids will thrive on it too, I'd bet.

Roughly:
5-7 Mom time (exercise, scriptures, shower, etc.)
7:30 kids wake up, get dressed, etc.
8:00 breakfast
8:30 chores
9:00 violin and piano practice
10-12 school time
12 lunch
1 additional school work
2 quiet time
3 free time

If you have boys who are super anxious to start their work, I'd say re-direct them to a worksheet or a book they can do on their own. Don't give up your time. It is so vital to your well-being. Just schedule it in.

Holly 10:29 PM  

Lindsay,

Sounds good! It really does! It's just that my favorite classes at the gym are all random different times. Some favorite classes are at 8:30...some at 10:30... but you're right. I've got to figure out something that works for us. I just don't know what that is yet... :(

Letia 11:00 AM  

Make a schedule that changes each day, so you can make it to your classes. After a few weeks it will be a comfortable routine. I can't imagine not having the gym. I only went twice in the last couple of weeks and I have been so down and discouraged. I truly need it for my sanity.

Kristen and Ryan 1:40 PM  

I really hope you find the time! That is one of the things that makes me wonder if I could homeschool. I need the gym and I have a hard time giving it up for even one day! I've even thought of teaching (since I'm there anyway, might as well get paid!) but then again, I don't know if it would fit!
The Zumba at my gym is all full of old people with an old lady teacher...it must be different where you're at! Wish I could jam with you in your class!

Leigh 1:02 PM  

I have no excuse - mine and I can't quite seem to get reaquainted either.

Mary 1:14 PM  

Holly,
I can totally relate, except for the kiddos who are excited to homeschool. I have to force one of mine every day, so be thankful for that!

I haven't done anything for myself in a very long time! With a 6-month old who is very discontent with my husband and who doesn't go to sleep until midnight, I am on the verge of crazy.

I hope you find a schedule that works!!!

Heather 1:23 PM  

Yep, it was SOOOO nice to see you at the gym... finally. You need that time. Somehow, you'll make it work. You are, after all, a very smart broad. :) XOXO

kristal 9:02 AM  

I agree 100%. My days are happier when I have a date with the ole work out videos (I don't always put my shoes on for them). But I MAKE Jase take the kids from 5-6 or 6-7 every morning so I can get a workout in. Makes me a lot less grouchy for the day.

Blog Patrol

About This Blog

Arizona newborn photographer, phoenix area newborn photographer, phoenix newborn photographer, mesa newborn photographer, queen creek newborn photographer, gilbert newborn photographer, custom newborn photographer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP