Hi! I'm Holly Brimhall, a newborn photographer in Gilbert, AZ. I am the mother of 4 and a lover of ALL things baby. This blog is where I share the life of my family and favorite pictures of my newborn photography sessions.

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Spring Break 2010.....


I've always looked forward Spring Break! Having the kids home from school, doing fun things together, making good memories...you know...all of that good stuff! But THIS year, I have REALLY looked forward to it! No teaching school stuff, no checking papers, no giving spelling tests while cleaning (or showering), no science experiments. A true vacation!

We decided to spend 5 days with a few families camped on the beach in Mexico. We LOVE "camping" in our trailer there and had so much hanging out with the other families. One of our friends has 6 kids, and their last 4 are the EXACT same ages and genders as ours. A friend for everyone!

Highlights:

- waking up every morning to the sound of sea-gulls

- snuggling up in blankets while Brett made breakfast every morning

- smelling the campground come to life with smells of bacon and sunscreen swirling together

- 8:30 every morning - going to Pedro's for fresh, watch them take it off of the griddle, tortillas. Slathering them up with butter and cinnamon/sugar. That's all I need to be really happy. Obviously, they made this Little Miss REALLY happy too....

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

- spending the days reading and relaxing. I read The Help and a few magazines....my new FAVE "Flea Market Style" (and now I've got a new project that I want to do)

- getting a "show" every morning from this OLD GUY that would shuffle down the beach every morning with his swimsuit hanging halfway down his backside. Poor man needed a wife to pull his shorts up about 6 inches.

- tide-pool exploring - we found all kinds of beautiful seashells, teency crabs, fish, hermit crabs, big crabs, and even a baby octopus (which was the hype and highlight of the day)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

- taking 10 kids to the hot-tub and watching their faces turn a nice shade of red

- going to church....and not understanding a word of it. Guess my 3 years of Spanish in high school didn't do much for me!

- buying all kinds of cool stuff from the vendors who walk along the beach offering all kinds of things from henna tattoos, to huge resin turtles, to vases, to pedicures, to braids, to burritos. We purchased some sunglasses, way too many popsicles and cold treats, and the yummiest, juiciest, freshly peeled as I watched, MANGO. Delish!

Photobucket

- cards games...need I say more? I just MIGHT be a little competitive when it comes to cards

- 10:30 pm taco runs...yum!

- buying 50 dozen tortillas to take home and freeze. I'm pretty sure that I might have mentioned before that I LOVE TORTILLAS...but for $1 a dozen, how can you not?

- shopping and haggling lower prices at "the mall". The kids thought that was fun, since we made them do most of the haggling.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

- our traditional stop for some "Thrifty" ice cream

Photobucket

- leaving my camera in it's bag for 98% of the trip. Yah, I missed out on a LOT of great pictures...but loved having my hands free to dig in the sand, bury my kids in it, splash in the water....eat my MANGO

And just like that our 5 days at the beach was over. We packed up the trailer and loaded our crying children into the truck. With tears rolling down her face, Little Miss said, "Bye Mexico! I don't know when I'll see you again!" Hopefully soon, sweet princess of mine. Hopefully soon....

8 comments:

Tressa 9:07 AM  

Tayla was looking at the pictures with me and said, "I miss Little Miss!" and "Wow, she has grown a LOT!"

Letia 9:13 AM  

I am so jealous, it sounds like a wonderful vacation!

ellen 9:18 AM  

What wonderful memories!

And Brett, you would be THE perfect husband if you'd include Holly in a few pics every now and then. :-)

Jessica 10:55 AM  

how fun! we love mexico too! :)
ps.. where do you get your little gals darling swim suits? so adorable!

Holly 8:57 AM  

Thanks guys! We had so much fun!

Jessica...her two piece suits are from ModBe. Dang them for going out of business! ALL but one of my swimsuits are from them, too. They just knew how to make cute (and modest) suits. Her other swimsuits are either from Gap or Old Navy.

Jen Kesler 7:59 PM  

Hi! I have followed your blog for awhile now...love your photography. I hope you don't mind, but I'm wondering if you can share some good R.V. campgrounds/great family places to stay in Mexico??? We have always wanted to drive there and do that, but have been a little nervous about it. Thanks for any and all advice! Jen

Holly 9:08 PM  

Jen,

We've only ever camped at "Playa Bonita". It's nothing fancy...but the beach is great! And it's WAY cheap! It's fun! You'll love it!

Sonda Bryce 2:41 PM  

You captured all our favorite things in your pics... the tortillas, the little turtles with the bobbing heads, the popsicles and thrifty ice cream...rainbow sherbet my fave! We were not able to go this spring break but hope to be there sometime in May. One of these trips we will end up there together again. That was awesome! I miss you Holly. Thanks for your great pictures.

Blog Patrol

About This Blog

Arizona newborn photographer, phoenix area newborn photographer, phoenix newborn photographer, mesa newborn photographer, queen creek newborn photographer, gilbert newborn photographer, custom newborn photographer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP