Hi! I'm Holly Brimhall, a newborn photographer in Gilbert, AZ. I am the mother of 4 and a lover of ALL things baby. This blog is where I share the life of my family and favorite pictures of my newborn photography sessions.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Homeschool....

I've been thinking lately about how much homeschool has blessed our family this year. I think of my sweet Bear and how he has blossomed being home with me. The beginning of the school year, at public school, was hard. Every morning he would lay on the couch and BEG, no PLEAD, with me to homeschool. And every morning, I'd send him off to school with a brick tied to my heart. I'd worry about him and wondered what cuss words he'd get called that day and whether or not he'd get choked at recess while the aides weren't looking. I wondered if he'd come home in tears and if he'd tell me about his day or not. His stuttering got worse and worse and his night terrors got closer and closer together. I couldn't do it any longer. I just couldn't.

And so for the past 7 months we've been on a journey together. We've been learning and reading and exploring and crying and laughing and getting frustrated and loving being together. And the other day I noticed something. Something big. Something huge. GUESS WHO DOESN'T STUTTER ANYMORE? We didn't attend any speech therapy or practice any special public speaking. We JUST homeschooled. And it's been a blessing! Obviously! And the kids want to do it again next year. I've got lots of studying to do over the summer...researching other options for us. I'm definitely looking forward to many more of our recesses together...
Photobucket

13 comments:

Heather O'Steen Photography 6:51 AM  

This is exactly what homeschool is all about!! This was our first year too, and it has been the greatest blessing ever!

Anonymous 7:23 AM  

Ah Holly...I loved seeing you and eating with you at Oreganos. I only wish I had MORE time with you one on one to laugh and cry about homeschool. This post is perfect. It is the hardest/best thing we've EVER done. It is SO rewarding, but the kind of rewarding that lasts days and days into my heart, and not just momentarily. Your family is beautiful.

I love you~

Jennifer 7:52 AM  

We are very seriously contemplating homeschooling right now. We've got a year or two until we have to decide, but it really sounds like a wonderful possibility. Your post is extra encouraging!

HollyC 7:53 AM  

Holly...You have no idea on how much I needed to read this post! I've been praying for the last two years for some clarity on the whole "school" issue...to go to school or to homeschool? A compromise was made and my oldest went to private school this year and let's just say we didn't get what we paid for. Ugh!! Now, my daughter is 5 and will start this year and I'm pulling out my hair and stressed out. My husband wants me to be happy and has given me the green light to homeschool and now I'm stressed over that! However, seeing your beautiful family so happy and reading how being at home has helped your sweet Bear,it's given me a boost in the homeschool direction! Bless you and your beautiful family.
Holly

Heather H 7:58 AM  

I am so glad that it is helping your family, it was posts like yours earlier in the year that helped guide me into deciding to do an online school with our oldest this coming fall. Its great to see such a wonderful example of it working.

Amanda 9:51 AM  

oh YAY!!!

Kristen and Ryan 10:44 AM  

I loved hearing more about your motivations and your successes! I am so happy for you and your family! You are seriously my inspiration as I'm debating it in my head too.

Andrea 1:59 PM  

That is so amazing. Homeschool is is in my mind all the time. I just worry that I can't do it. Thanks for inspiring.

Lorie 2:23 PM  

That is so amazing. I hope you find the perfect option for your family next year.

Tressa 7:39 AM  

I'm so glad his stuttering went away! Yay! We are struggling around here to find the perfect balance of how we want to home school. But, I am really liking it so far. Some days don't work so well, but I don't expect to be perfect at this, especially not this early. I know there is a learning/adjusting curve so I am trying not to beat myself up over things. We'll get it figured out eventually. :)
Can't wait to pick you up from the airport tonight! Yayy!!!!!

Mindy 7:33 AM  

That is amazing!!! I am so happy that he has been able to overcome something that has been such a challenge for him. I love his enthusiasm for life. I'm just so happy... :)

Ashley 9:10 PM  

That is incredible! I am sooo happy for you guys! that is awesome! You are the one that made me think...I can do this...so it may be in my future! You're a rockstar! :)

April 6:00 PM  

YAY!!!! I'm so happy to hear that homeschooling has been such a blessing for you guys! I know for us it is a blessing that I would not trade for anything. Such great news!!!

Blog Patrol

About This Blog

Arizona newborn photographer, phoenix area newborn photographer, phoenix newborn photographer, mesa newborn photographer, queen creek newborn photographer, gilbert newborn photographer, custom newborn photographer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP