Hi! I'm Holly Brimhall, a newborn photographer in Gilbert, AZ. I am the mother of 4 and a lover of ALL things baby. This blog is where I share the life of my family and favorite pictures of my newborn photography sessions.

Friday, June 04, 2010

Memorial Weekend....


Having our house on the market has been stressful for me...but I'm pretty sure that's how it is for most people, right? I feel like everything has to be perfect. Nothing out of place, no handprints on the oven, no crumbs on the floor. So my life has revolved around cleaning lately. Cleaning, cleaning, and more cleaning. That and being away from home so realtors can show it. So far we've had a lot of people come and see it and have two people coming next week to see it for a second time. So when our realtor calls and says he's going to show the house, we kick it in to high gear and then try to find something to do away from the home so that we don't mess it up and they can look at it. We've gone to the pool, gotten slushies from Sonic and taken them to the park, grabbed a Redbox movie and watched it in the car, etc. I'm starting to run out of ideas...that and it's getting hot. I'm just tired. It has been exhausting!

So, I was REALLY looking forward to spending Memorial Weekend at my in-law's cabin at Roosevelt Lake. I was looking forward to sleeping in, making messes, leaving dirty dishes in the sink (for a few hours, at least), playing in the water, and NOT WORRYING ABOUT THE HOUSE. Ahhhh....it was paradise! The kids were especially excited to have their cousins there with them. We played in the river, caught frogs, played Settlers a few times, watched movies, ate tons of yummy food, started cleaning out "the train car", skipped rocks, rode the jet ski's, watched Hunter and Kadan try to get up on the wakeboard, played the Wii (I am now addicted to the game Just Dance and can work up quite a sweat playing it), I gave the girls pedicures, read books, sat on the porch and watched the sunset, Brett and I started making some big plans for the future, I twisted my ankle (jumping out of the truck at the dump to throw away nasty stuff from that train car...still not quite back to normal yet), took the kids to the Tonto Basin branch for church on Sunday and enjoyed one of the best sacrament meetings ever, and took a few pictures....

Photobucket
Moose caught a fish. Wow...what a whopper!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Chubs threw rocks in the water for hours. I loved listening to him grunt a little "hnt" everytime he threw another rock!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
The kids stalking their "prey"....tadpoles, fish, and frogs.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Mmmmm....mornings like this are heaven, right?
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Seriously cool light...and some silly boys...two things that make me really happy!
Photobucket

Photobucket
I'm all ready to go again, who's with me?

12 comments:

Amanda 8:51 AM  

I need a weekend like that soooo bad!!! love the one of you and g in bed!

Pamela 12:15 PM  

Looks like a fun weekend. Beautiful photos. Can you tell me what lense you used to shoot those?

ellen 12:38 PM  

Totally understand about having your house on the market! A few more ideas for you: go to the library, feed the ducks, go on a scavenger hunt, visit an old folks home, have a picnic.

Your getaway looks awesome. Always love your pics! Wish my post processing was as clean as yours. :-(

Cami D. 12:43 AM  

Me! Me! Me!

Debbie 9:09 AM  

Your pictures are fantastic - they make your life appear so tranquil and wonderful, even though we know you're in the midst of trying to sell your house & keep it "show worthy". You're doing a GREAT job! Just wondering what lens you use for your "everyday" shots - they're so crisp & vibrant. I'm hoping to buy a new lens in the next couple of weeks and am torn between the 24-70L 2.8 & the 70-200L 2.8 (canon). Would love your input and also know whats "in your bag"......

Holly 9:53 AM  

Pamela, I used my canon 70-200 2.8 IS lens...I absolutely LOVE using that lens outdoors!

Debbie, I would have to say I use the 24-70 more just because I use it indoors, for my newborn sessions (sometimes), kids outdoors (if they will be close to me), etc.

C'mon, Cami, let's go!!!

Tressa 5:19 PM  

Can I just say that I think Bear's pose in the last picture is hilarious. Hahahaha!!!
Have you guys decided for sure about the Loveland reunion? You might as well come and spend the month of July here in Utah. :)

Julie Ranee 7:10 AM  

Looks like you had a wonderful weekend in a very beautiful place! Love the images. Good to see you in a few of them!
We are putting our house on the market in a week or two. This week feels very overwhelming getting it ready.

MichelleW 3:25 PM  

Love it!

rebecca 10:46 AM  

beautiful photos of your family Holli!

LuckyGabi 10:23 AM  

I felt the same way selling my big ole house that took almost 2 years, but so happy to not be so exhausted! Love reading your blog and your AMAZING pictures! I had to chime in on this one because my husband and I had a home in Tonto Basin for almost five years,some of the best of times! Driving towards the lake you will see Buckshot Drive (our dog)we were the only house up there. The garage is bigger than the house but exactly what we needed. My husband's father was the Branch President for several years and there are some amazing people. Seeing your great pictures with the family enjoying themselves bring back so many wonderful memories! Keep up the good work!!

Sherri 11:13 PM  

Holly, my first visit to your blog. Impressive! Thanks for sharing... Ben Whiting

Blog Patrol

About This Blog

Arizona newborn photographer, phoenix area newborn photographer, phoenix newborn photographer, mesa newborn photographer, queen creek newborn photographer, gilbert newborn photographer, custom newborn photographer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP