Hi! I'm Holly Brimhall, a newborn photographer in Gilbert, AZ. I am the mother of 4 and a lover of ALL things baby. This blog is where I share the life of my family and favorite pictures of my newborn photography sessions.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

B-13 Reunion.....


Every summer, in August, we head up to Pinedale, AZ to the B-13 Ranch for our annual family reunion. We meet together with some of the descendants of Logan & Mary Brimhall (which is actually MY family reunion and NOT my husbands...I know, we're related...but it's distant enough and we did NOT meet at a family function). There are over 1,000 descendants from my Great-Grandparents. Wow! They had 13 children, including 2 sets of twin boys. I think my Grandma was number 7 or 8 out of the 13. And they each have property surrounding a meadow on this little piece of heaven in the White Mountains. My grandparents had 9 children and so forth and so forth. Basically, I have a TON of cousins! We always have so much fun eating yummy food, playing games, lounging on the grass, heading down to the willow patch to get willows to make whistles, bows and arrows, etc. Some years we have rodeos. Other times we have mud football. Cousin dances, peanut butter syrup, talent shows, campfires, s'mores and peach cobbler, hiking up Prayer Hill, loads and loads of laughs! This year we were celebrating 50 years of owning the RANCH!

My kids LOVE the freedom of roaming anywhere on the ranch, meeting new cousins, and getting reacquainted with cousins they met the year before. I LOVE giggling with MY cousins, playing Nertz, laughing around the campfire until the wee hours of the morning, spending time together.

This year, my grandparents golf cart was broken, so I got to drive them all around the ranch stopping at all of the family displays that were set up. I got to help them in and out of our Ranger at every stop and listen as my grandma reminisced about her life as a little girl. There were pictures and stories and geneology sheets, treats, and movies, old army uniforms, and dresses crocheted by my Great-grandmother. That was probably the highlight of my weekend!

A few pictures....
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Lounging on the grass....
Photobucket
Quickly turned into wrestling and tickling on the grass....
Photobucket
Cute, squishy cousins....
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Saturday was picture day (hopefully I'll get a copy of the group shot) and our family was asked to wear red, in honor of my Grandpa Stapley's favorite color....
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Little Miss pretty much skipped everywhere she went. LOVE her Miss Priss hands....
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
A couple of monkeys pretending to sleep....
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

3 comments:

Kyla Makay 10:43 AM  

Looks like loads of fun! Great shots!

-makay

Mandy 6:24 PM  

Can I ask a photography question? I am pretty good shooting in manual in a studio setup, but shooting "on the fly" like you do, I always shoot in P mode. I was wondering what you shoot in for most of your candid shots. I know I would get better shots if I shot manual, but how do you get your settings in fast enough to catch the moments? I love your focus and depth of field. Would love any advice you can pass on!
I love reading your blog and seeing all your great photos. I really inspires me!

Cami D. 10:28 PM  

Ha ha ha some of those pictures are SO FUNNY!! Oh my gosh can we be the DTD's that don't wear matching shirts and STRUGGLE for a ginormfam pic? So laughing. Clap, clap rainbow hands. Oh I love you and I LOVED running away a few times for errands. "This is 3x as much as I need" -oh Happy Pants, gotta love him! I want to steal your pictures. What great memories. I LOVE the ranch, and all that it is! Honk Honk!

Blog Patrol

About This Blog

Arizona newborn photographer, phoenix area newborn photographer, phoenix newborn photographer, mesa newborn photographer, queen creek newborn photographer, gilbert newborn photographer, custom newborn photographer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP