Hi! I'm Holly Brimhall, a newborn photographer in Gilbert, AZ. I am the mother of 4 and a lover of ALL things baby. This blog is where I share the life of my family and favorite pictures of my newborn photography sessions.

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Washington, DC - Day 5


Our plan for Day 5 (our last day IN Washington, DC) was to tour the Bureau of Engraving & Printing (the Mint), visit the Thomas Jefferson Memorial, and then head off to the Library of Congress, finished by a walk around the Supreme Court building. We arrived in DC, me a bit anxious about being on my own with the kiddo's, but excited to see the last few things on our list. We found a new garage to park in, right next to the mint, and politely carried on a good 20 minute conversation with the parking attendant. We started walking toward our destination and watched a long line of people go into the Mint. Just as we got to the main door, a security guard stuck his head out and said, "I'm sorry, but we've just filled up our last tour right now. You can try to come back for the 12:30 tour. You might be able to get in that one." The kids were bummed. I was bummed. Dang it! I asked if they gave out tickets and they said no. Ugh! They let us tour the little visitors center and gift shop. Next we walked over to the Thomas Jefferson Memorial. Everything is always so much bigger than you think it's going to be. I'm just disappointed that I didn't take a picture of the outside of the memorial. Too many kids to keep track of, I guess.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
We grabbed some hot dogs, chips, and lemonade for lunch and sat in the grass and giggled while we ate. We started our walk back to the Mint to try to hit the 12:30 tour. As we got closer and closer, we noticed the ultra long line outside. The kids looked and me and I looked at them and they said, "No thanks!" We were tired of walking, tired of lines...just tired. So we had a little change of plans. We DROVE by the Library of Congress (which I've heard is amazing inside) and DROVE by the Supreme Court building. Then we waved goodbye to Washington, DC and headed back to Virginia to find a pumpkin patch. Now the pumpkin patches are apparently a bit different in Virginia than here in Arizona. It was only $9/person to get in, compared to the $15/person it is here. Included in their price was: hay rides, unlimited fresh apple cider, as many apples as you could eat, and a FREE pumpkin. My kids thought that was the BEST! And it was grassy with little rolling hills...unlike the dirt we're used to. We had a BLAST!
Photobucket
Chubbers thought this rope swing thing was pretty much the coolest thing around...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
The hay ride was the best I've ever been on, with trolls, and space creatures, and riding through little lakes, etc. So stinkin' fun!
Photobucket
Then the kids saw this.....
Photobucket
and I spent the next hour at the bottom of this....
Photobucket

Photobucket
Around and around and around they went....
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
When we were worn out from running around the pumpkin patch, trying out all of the different slides and activities, and our bellies were full of apple cider, we headed back to the Jones for an evening of perfectly beautiful weather, soft grass between our toes, loads of laughter, and happy cousins.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
The boys enjoyed ALL of the awesome boy toys - endless supplies of nerf guns and light sabers...any boys heaven!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
And I got to enjoy this smiling face! She started walking and had her first birthday while we were there. The kids wanted to take her home as one of our carry-on's. Love that baby girl!!!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Nicole 8:57 AM  

How fun! I'm taking notes. I totally want to take our kids there sometime soon.
Beautiful pics, as always.
What do you bet, your kids will remember the slide at the pumpkin patch the most, years from now!

Tamee 10:36 AM  

Okay first off, I want you to plan another trip out here for the last week of January so you can take my baby boy pictures. Logan's pictures are yummy!!
Second, Garrett cried off and on for three days after you all left. As we all sat here looking at these pictures they all got a little sad again. We'll have you back any time.
Third, your pictures make me want to go see the sights again, and I've seen them all five or six times. You should be taking pictures for the travel book, not the funny looking guy at the Air and Space Museum.
Oh, and fourth, I gained SIX pound last month! I'm blaming it all on Brett's cooking. Too yummy! We miss our cheif. Tell him hey!

Blog Patrol

About This Blog

Arizona newborn photographer, phoenix area newborn photographer, phoenix newborn photographer, mesa newborn photographer, queen creek newborn photographer, gilbert newborn photographer, custom newborn photographer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP