Hi! I'm Holly Brimhall, a newborn photographer in Gilbert, AZ. I am the mother of 4 and a lover of ALL things baby. This blog is where I share the life of my family and favorite pictures of my newborn photography sessions.

Monday, November 01, 2010

Thankful {Day 1}....


Honestly, I cannot believe that it is November already. Sure the weather is starting to cool down a bit, in fact the mornings and evenings are just down right BLISSFUL, but the days are still a bit too warm for me...not quite fall-ish yet. But it's coming...I just know it. And I can't wait!

I thought it might be fun to dedicate a post a day this month to things that I am grateful for. Our prophet, President Thomas S. Monson, said, "We can lift ourselves, and others as well, when we refuse to remain in the realm of negative thought and cultivate within our hearts an attitude of gratitude. If ingratitude be numbered among the serious sins, then gratitude takes its place among the noblest of virtues."

Sometimes I feel myself stuck in the negative...feeling grumpy about life's challenges and the mundane tasks of sticky floors, endless homework and papers to be signed, tripping over toys, groceries and laundry, bath time and complaining.

But amidst all of that I know I can find things to be grateful for. Like a home WITH floors that need cleaned, a washing machine and dryer to actually CLEAN the clothes, teachers who care for and LOVE my children, etc. So this month I am choosing GRATITUDE. Last week during Family Home Evening we went around the circle a few times asking the children to list things they are grateful for. We started with Little Miss. She was grateful for Grandma Claudette. She said, "Even though Grandma Claudette died, I can still think about her and how much she loved me and just feel happy all over!" Moose was grateful for babies and chocolate. Bear was grateful for parents and friends. Chubbers was grateful for blankie and Thomas (the train).

And me? I was grateful for Brett. I AM grateful for Brett. Whenever I think about what I'm grateful for, the first thing to pop in my mind is Brett. I know I've tried to tell him how truly grateful I am for him...and there really are just no words to describe it. At least not words that I'm able to express. He supports me in everything I do, showers me with kinds words and compliments, makes me laugh, and makes me want to be better. He wakes up each day ready for life. He chases the kids around the kitchen, tackles them on the couch with tickles and kisses, makes breakfast, and supervises the lunch making mess. All while I slowly roll out of bed, force myself into some gym clothes, and pry my sleepy eyes open. I'm grateful that he holds and honors the priesthood - that he is able to give me and the children blessings when we need them and that he does the same for other members of his family. He is a pillar of strength to so many around him. He is my sunshine and my dearest friend! I couldn't have married anyone any more perfect for me!!!

Photobucket

4 comments:

The McGraths 3:35 PM  

I'm gonna do this too! What a great Idea! Sometimes I feel like I have to MAKE myself stop and recognize the tender mercies in my life and I would love for that to come more naturally to me. I'm sure this Gratitude practice will help. Thanks! and Good Luck!

Cami D. 8:27 PM  

Once again I'm totally copying you! :) I too am grateful for Brett, he's pretty fantastic! I am grateful for YOU - can i please see you yet? :)

Kimberly 10:08 AM  

Perfection! Admire you all. LOVE the photo. Put that in your new beautiful room!

Julie Parker 3:33 PM  

Hey, I have that dress in brown...it looks MUCH better on you!!!

Blog Patrol

About This Blog

Arizona newborn photographer, phoenix area newborn photographer, phoenix newborn photographer, mesa newborn photographer, queen creek newborn photographer, gilbert newborn photographer, custom newborn photographer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP