Hi! I'm Holly Brimhall, a newborn photographer in Gilbert, AZ. I am the mother of 4 and a lover of ALL things baby. This blog is where I share the life of my family and favorite pictures of my newborn photography sessions.

Wednesday, October 05, 2011

To me, it's officially fall...


when I've made some Harvest Loaf Cake. Maybe it's because I have happy memories of coming home from school, opening the door, and being enveloped in the pumpkin-y aroma. Then sitting at the counter, talking about our day, and licking nutmeg and cinnamon spiced frosting from our lips and fingers.

And the other day I made some. Doesn't it look tasty? I still don't know why I torture myself with baking yummy treats and then not eating them. Remember? The whole NO SUGAR thing. Well, I make my husband eat some and then I kiss the crumbs off his face. I know. I'm truly pathetic. But I don't think he minds.

Photobucket

Harvest Loaf Cake

1 3/4 C. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. ginger
1/4 tsp. cloves
1/2 C. butter
1 C. sugar
2 eggs
3/4 C. pumpkin
3/4 C. chocolate chips
3/4 C. nuts

Cream butter, add sugar. Blend in eggs. Sift together dry ingredients and add to butter/egg/sugar mixture, alternating with pumpkin. Stir in chips and nuts. Turn into greased loaf pan (1 large or 2 small). Bake at 350 degrees for 60-75 minutes. Cool.

Drizzle with glaze. Let stand for a few hours (if you can resist) before slicing.

Glaze:
1/2 C. powdered sugar
1/8 tsp. nutmeg
1/8 tsp. cinnamon
1-2 Tbsp. cream

Now go...make some Harvest Loaf Cake...and then tell me just HOW delicious it was! Your home will smell DIVINE!!!

3 comments:

Letia 10:30 AM  

I don't know how you manage to bake it and not eat it, unfortunately, I just don't bake because the temptation is too much. I did think I would pull out the recipe though and see if there is ANY way to tweak it. It's just SO yummy!

Tressa 7:04 AM  

I was planning on making some today. :) I wonder how using Stevia instead of sugar would work out? And then use dark chocolate chips and skip the frosting? Since I'm not trying to be super healthy right now I think I'll just make it regular! :) Besides it will make the house smell so fabulous for when our potential renters come this afternoon. :)

Mindy 7:23 AM  

I am excited to have an oven again soon!

Blog Patrol

About This Blog

Arizona newborn photographer, phoenix area newborn photographer, phoenix newborn photographer, mesa newborn photographer, queen creek newborn photographer, gilbert newborn photographer, custom newborn photographer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP