Hi! I'm Holly Brimhall, a newborn photographer in Gilbert, AZ. I am the mother of 4 and a lover of ALL things baby. This blog is where I share the life of my family and favorite pictures of my newborn photography sessions.

Friday, December 14, 2012

Tonight I lingered a little longer....

Sometimes I turn the TV on during the day, while I'm folding laundry or picking up toys or cleaning the kitchen, just to help pass the time....and today I instantly found myself glued to the TV, forgetting about all that needed done. As I heard about the mass shooting in Connecticut, at an elementary school, with 20 children dead , my stomach turned to knots and tears streamed down my face. I don't understand how things like this happen.....how someone can be so mentally sick that they can get to the point of performing such horrific acts of violence.


While I walked the aisles of Wal-mart today looking for a silly surprise for the kids for tomorrow, the tears fell. While I met up with Brett for lunch and shared the news with him, the tears welled up in my eyes. Everywhere I went...tears. I just could not hold them back. And tonight, while I tucked my children in bed...I lingered a little longer with each one...soaking in every second of it....stroking their hair...and brushing the back of my fingers across their cheeks....and thought about those 18 mothers who don't have a child to tuck in bed tonight...and the tears keep falling. My heart is full of prayers for those mothers tonight, who I know would give anything in this world to just have the chance to tuck their babies in....just one last time.

With Christmas songs running through my head, I just wanted to end with this:

And in despair I bowed my head:
"There is no peace on earth," I said,
"For hate is strong and mocks the song
Of peace on earth, good will to men."

Then pealed the bells more loud and deep:
"God is not dead, nor doth he sleep;
The wrong shall fail, the right prevail,
With peace on earth, good will to men."

3 comments:

Debbie 9:57 PM  

Me too Holly. Me too. A friend alerted me to what was happening and I was stuck in front of the tv until the kids were out. Just crying and crying. My little boy was a Kindergartner last year. I helped in class a lot. I related too much to what that class would have looked like before and I couldn't wrap my head around the "after". All those sweet children. I held my kids tonight thinking what you were, about all those moms who were never going to hold their children again. My heart breaks...

Sheri 4:45 AM  

perfect words Holly - it is just heart breaking. Praying for all the families.

Heather Woolley 8:46 AM  

Just catching up on your blog. Thank you for this post. I loved it. Funny thing is that I remembered that same song coming to mind as I looked upon my children's sleeping faces after the shooting. It's also my mom's favorite christmas song. What a beautiful post. Thank you. Belated Merry Christmas! I hope the new year brings many wonderful things for you and your beautiful family.

Blog Patrol

About This Blog

Arizona newborn photographer, phoenix area newborn photographer, phoenix newborn photographer, mesa newborn photographer, queen creek newborn photographer, gilbert newborn photographer, custom newborn photographer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP