Hi! I'm Holly Brimhall, a newborn photographer in Gilbert, AZ. I am the mother of 4 and a lover of ALL things baby. This blog is where I share the life of my family and favorite pictures of my newborn photography sessions.

Thursday, January 05, 2017

Christmas Break is Over

It was a little rough getting out of bed this morning as alarms started going off at 6:00 am. The hustle of showers, making breakfast, packing lunches, finding backpacks, picking out clothes, finding socks...I wasn't ready for it! Not at all.

I LOVED having the kids home - even if a lot of the time it was just me running them to and from different friend's houses. We squeezed in as much family time as we could - going to see the new Star Wars movie, the movie "Sing", a hike to the Wave Cave, sitting in awe at Symphony Hall in Phoenix where Sav and I watched "The Nutcracker", making gingerbread houses, driving around to see Christmas lights, acting out the nativity at my parents house on Christmas Eve, etc. It was great!


 (Don't mind the marshmallow man eating yellow snow....boys...)



Christmas Eve the kids all got new Christmas pajamas and a new book



Sure do love these crazy little (or maybe not so little....wah!) monkeys of mine!

Christmas morning was magic...it always is, isn't it? The kids opened our door at exactly 7:00. Pretty sure they'd been waiting outside our room for a bit. Ha! I only snapped a few pictures that morning, but I guess it's better than nothing. I wish every Christmas could be on a Sunday...and having church at noon could NOT have been any more perfect! We ran downstairs to see what Santa had brought, emptied stockings, opened gifts, and made the most delicious breakfast! Hash browns, bacon, eggs, waffles, whipped cream, strawberries, ebelskivers (pretty sure that's going to be our new traditional Christmas morning breakfast), and buttermilk syrup. While we were making breakfast and the kids were laughing and running upstairs to put their gifts in their rooms...my favorite moment of Christmas day occurred. One by one the kids and Brett surrounded me in a group hug...and everything seemed perfect! I stood there and squeezed them all and soaked in the love. I'll admit it, I cried...knowing next year will be different. Jarom's plan is to be on a mission and it will be so weird to be missing him in our home. Man, I love these people! Nothing makes me happier than to be a wife and mother!








Some things the kids got for Christmas:
Jarom - Elite Xbox controller, waterproof camera with wi-fi so he can email me pictures from his mission, gas card, socks, etc
Bryson - funny t-shirts, crazy socks, bluetooth speaker, watch, mousepad, a "make America great again" Trump visor, etc
Savannah - clothes, dance clothes, jewelry, etc
Grant - Dak Prescott jersey, NBA 2K17, tickets to a Suns game, football gloves, etc.

3 comments:

kristal 10:20 AM  

I can't believe you'll be down a kid next Christmas! I got goosebumps reading this thinking about my last Christmas as a WHOLE family. I can't believe how quickly this season of life is passing. I hate it! Although Vonda reassures me grandma season is so much fun! Your Christmas house is always so put together. Ours looks like we just opened our Christmas boxes and threw things around. ha!

kristal 10:20 AM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
kristal 10:20 AM  
This comment has been removed by the author.

Blog Patrol

About This Blog

Arizona newborn photographer, phoenix area newborn photographer, phoenix newborn photographer, mesa newborn photographer, queen creek newborn photographer, gilbert newborn photographer, custom newborn photographer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP