Hi! I'm Holly Brimhall, a newborn photographer in Gilbert, AZ. I am the mother of 4 and a lover of ALL things baby. This blog is where I share the life of my family and favorite pictures of my newborn photography sessions.

Sunday, August 02, 2009

To the love of my life....

Happy Anniversary! I can't believe that it was 13 years ago, that I woke up early on that hot, summer morning. Truth is, I don't even think that I had slept that night. But as I snuck out of bed to shower and get ready for our special day, I felt like the luckiest girl in the world. I thought there couldn't be another couple as in love as we were. I thought back then that I knew what love was.

But, here we are 13 years later....and I'm more in love with you than I ever thought possible. How did I ever get so lucky? What did I do to deserve you?

I love that my stomach still turns into butterflies when you wink at me across a busy room. I love that you have the kindest heart of anyone I know. I love that you look for the best in everyone and are quick to give them the benefit of the doubt. I love that you are quick to forgive. I love that you support me in all that I do. I love that you get up and start breakfast each morning as I get ready to head to the gym for my daily workout. I love that you've never once raised your voice at me. I love how much you love being a dad and adore spending time with the children. I love that you love to cuddle (even though sometimes it's more than I like :) ). You're a cuddler and I'm more of an "I need my space" kinda girl....but it's all good. I love your laugh - not your little courtesy laugh - but the deep, down belly laugh...the one that is completely contagious. I love how much you love the gospel of Jesus Christ. I love the way you ramble on and ask off the wall questions to get me to talk more. Sometimes I'm quiet....not because I don't want to talk...but sometimes I just don't have much to say. Thanks for always filling in those quiet moments. I could listen to you talk for days and days. I love your tender heart. I love how you find and keep friends. It's a gift. You seem to be friends with everyone. Most of all.....I just love YOU.

Thanks for letting me take the kids to the cabin this past week. I had the best time being with them. As I sat on the porch reading "The Wednesday Letters", I decided that THAT is how I want to die....with you, in bed, snuggled up together. I don't want to live one day without you. As I cried and cried through the book, I cried because I felt lucky....lucky enough to be in love with my very best friend. I'd rather be with you than with anyone else. Thanks for being you!

Thanks for dinner last night. It's always fun to sneak away from the kids for a few hours. As we snuggled up on that bench in the booth at the White Chocolate Grill, and you asked rapid fire questions....it was fun to reflect back on our time dating, our newlywed years, the hardest things we've gone through together, and our happiest times, too. It felt good. And I'm happy. And I'm more in love with you than I ever thought that I could be. I'm excited to see what the next 13 years bring to us. Because if our loves grows as much as has these past 13 years, I'm quite sure that my heart just might explode. I LOVE YOU!!!

4 comments:

Jami 11:11 PM  

So cute!!!! You are a great example of true love! Happy Anniversary.

Tara 8:42 AM  

That was so sweet. You two are truly and inspiration to me.

Karli 2:30 PM  

Hooray for the White Chocolate Grill! Yumm-O! I, too, am so glad you married Brett - truly a perfect addition to the family... not to mention the ridiculously adorable kids you two make :) Love ya!

Kathy 8:58 AM  

Hi Holly,

I was excited to read about your anniversary on Sunday. We too celebrated our anniversary on Sunday. It was 26 years for us. I think Aug. 2 must be a day to get married to bring lots of love and good luck. I could have written everything to say about my hubby that you said to yours except 26 years, we are both cuddlers and I have never gone for a workout at the gym, even though I'm happy for you that you do and I am more of a chatter than my honey. Some people told me many years ago that love don't last we are proving them wrong, I am so happy for people like you and us because so many people are so unhappy in marriage. Keep it up have lots of lots of more years of happiness. I think your children are so precious as well because they feel so much love in the home. Best wishes to you all.

Blog Patrol

About This Blog

Arizona newborn photographer, phoenix area newborn photographer, phoenix newborn photographer, mesa newborn photographer, queen creek newborn photographer, gilbert newborn photographer, custom newborn photographer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP