Hi! I'm Holly Brimhall, a newborn photographer in Gilbert, AZ. I am the mother of 4 and a lover of ALL things baby. This blog is where I share the life of my family and favorite pictures of my newborn photography sessions.

Friday, June 25, 2010

What can $19.32 buy these days?


A cute shirt at Target? A small package of diapers? Dinner for 6 at Chick-Fil-A as long as you don't buy the meals and just drink water? Well sometimes it's amazing how far you truly can stretch your dollar. A few days ago we hit up the Alpine Valley Bread store for their almost expired whole grain bread - 2 loaves for $1. We bought 14 loaves. They freeze GREAT! Then we headed over to the Superstition Ranch Market and got strawberries for 25 cents a pound! We ended up getting 25 pounds of strawberries, 3 mangos, 2 pineapple, and 2.5 pounds of blackberries for $12.32. Grand total...$19.32.

The kids were GREAT! I stemmed them, Moose and Little Miss sliced them, and Bear bagged them. We sang along to my ipod - random songs - some Christmas, some church, some rock, some children's. The boys moaned while Little Miss and I belted out the Strawberry Shortcake theme song, Moose got his groove on while singing along to Queen's "Another One Bites the Dust". We snacked on juicy strawberries and sweet pineapple and ended up having a fabulous time together. Now we have a nice stash of strawberries for smoothies and to top off our waffles and whipped cream. Delicious!

Photobucket

The next day we headed back for 16 more pounds of strawberries. I think we'll be set for awhile!

9 comments:

Mindy 11:44 AM  

I remember the days of filling a shopping cart full of fresh, delicious produce for less than $25. I miss the Superstition Ranch Market! Your stash of strawberries looks so yummy!

Erica Hanks 3:13 PM  

I went yesterday and canned 27 pints of jam! Yeah....that's a LOT of jam! lol! I can't wait until tomato time...I'm completely out of salsa!

Andrea 8:21 PM  

I just love your blog. You post about the most important thing in life.
FAMILY!!

Ali 10:56 AM  

Hey Holly - It's fun to see you blogging about life again - fun to see what you guys are up too. Your fam is so beautiful and the kids are growing up so fast! It's so weird to think that how I remember you guys is you pregnant and J in diapers! LOL Of course, that goes both ways... Jacob is now 13, a deacon passing sacrament, and my baby girl who was in diapers the last time you saw her is turning 11 next month! Yikes!

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven 10:54 PM  

Hey Holly! I was introduced to your blog by "Salsa Mama", who happens to know you personally, and I just wanted to leave a comment to let you know how much I enjoy your photography. I am just getting into it myself and would like to specialize in newborn photography. Any chance you could do a post on newborn photography tips? Anyway, love your blog. Beautiful kids and beautiful photographs!

Cyndi 11:04 AM  

Will you pretty please share where you get some of your GORGEOUS hair pretties? I LOVE them!!! cfrith5@yahoo.com Thanks!

Karen 9:22 AM  

Those are two of my favorite stores!! LOVE that they are not too far away!

Kristal 2:57 PM  

Off the subject...I LOVE YOUR KITCHEN!!!!
We need to have a cousin's canning day at your place sometime so I can bask in the awesomeness of your kitchen! Love it!

alicia king 10:31 PM  

mmmm! i love strawberries, and that is a ton!!

Blog Patrol

About This Blog

Arizona newborn photographer, phoenix area newborn photographer, phoenix newborn photographer, mesa newborn photographer, queen creek newborn photographer, gilbert newborn photographer, custom newborn photographer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP