Hi! I'm Holly Brimhall, a newborn photographer in Gilbert, AZ. I am the mother of 4 and a lover of ALL things baby. This blog is where I share the life of my family and favorite pictures of my newborn photography sessions.

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Aspen Grove....

After enjoying almost a whole week in Greer, we cleaned Grandpa's cabin top to bottom, did a ton of laundry, packed up the van and started our drive to Utah. By the time I got through Moab, I was getting restless and ready for a break. The kids were doing great! But me? I couldn't stand much longer. We stopped and swam and slept in style at the Super 8 on the side of the road. As I layed there in bed, I was kinda wishing that I would've just kept on going. Oh well!

We got to spend a few days at my older sisters house before heading over to Aspen Grove with them and some of Brett's cousins. My kids have been DREAMING of Aspen Grove and counting down the days until it started from the day we left TWO YEARS AGO. They think that Aspen Grove is the best place on earth. Literally! I love it, too! The only thing that could make it better is an improvement on the food. But hey...if you don't have to grocery shop or cook or do dishes for a whole week...that's amazing no matter what. I guess I shouldn't really complain! I've never had to cook for 400 people at a time.

But we knew it was going to be amazing and packed with fun when we walked in to registration to find some friends from church there, some distant cousins, a friend from high school, a patient of my husbands...so, so fun!

We spent the week swimming, hiking, eating ice cream, painting in the craft cabin, taking naps, watching movies, playing cards, laying out, reading books, playing basketball and volleyball, miniature golfing, laying in the beautiful grass, etc.

And this year, I didn't take as many pictures. 3 of the 6 days there, I didn't even take my camera out of the bag.


Brett was pretty much in heaven...
Photobucket
So was Little Miss...I mean she had a counselor that she could flirt with ALL WEEK LONG...
Photobucket
and so many new friends she just didn't know what to do with herself...
Photobucket
and cousins to hang with in class...
Photobucket

Photobucket
We did pretty awesome during "Aspen Follies"...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
That is until the tantrums started...and then it was me and this guy hanging out. I could sometimes talk him into a piggyback ride so I could get closer to the action and take more pictures.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Gunnysack races...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
This next picture makes me LAUGH OUT LOUD every time I see it! She's a pretty fast little hopper and I just happened to snap the picture while she was bouncing up but her cheeks were still coming down....ha ha ha ha!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Showing some good wet sponge throwing skills....
Photobucket
Then she asked her counselor to watch her...
Photobucket
and squeeze some water on her...
Photobucket
We made and launched our own rockets....
Photobucket
and Dad won 3 free sodas for catching 3 different water balloons that were launched the whole way across the field....some really happy kids were recipients of those sodas...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
My niece wanted a picture with her baby sister, which Miss Maylee wanted NOTHING to do with...ha ha ha!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Did some rock climbing...
Photobucket
Moose wanted SO badly to get to the top this year. He's a thick kid and not really built for this kind of stuff. He's got more of a football player build. He gave his best effort, though...
Photobucket
and hung out here for a bit until every part of his body was shaking from exhaustion. He was pretty disappointed...
Photobucket
Brett tried his hand at making some pottery....
Photobucket

Photobucket
Little Miss getting ready to rock climb....
Photobucket
Before I knew it she was halfway up the wall....
Photobucket

Photobucket
Way to go!!!
Photobucket
Moose loved the miniature golf...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
The guys working up some kind of strategy for an upcoming game....
Photobucket

Photobucket
Our group took second overall in volleyball...
Photobucket
This little guy was the STAR of the closing performance... I tried and tried and tried to upload the video and it's just not working. His group (the Super Stompers) performed with the Young Adults. He was front and center shaking what his momma gave him. Anytime I want a good laugh, I just open up the video and watch it. Good times!
Photobucket

Photobucket
Most of the kids from our group.
Photobucket

Photobucket
Can't wait to visit Aspen Grove again! Maybe in two more years!!!

3 comments:

Kyla Makay 4:29 PM  

I LOVE YOUR PHOTOGRAPHY! :)

Seriously you are so amazing.

Looks like loads of fun. Great pics.

Love, Makay

Kristal 6:28 AM  

My kids are the same way. They really think that Aspen Grove is more amazing than anywhere on earth. We had so much fun! Thanks again letting us tag along. These pictures make me miss it SO MUCH. That one of Brian (Keith's brother) in the pool with his kid is awesome! you'll have to send them to them.

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven 10:10 PM  

You've done a HUGE amount of editing and posting! Love the picture of your girl in the bag in mid-air!

Blog Patrol

About This Blog

Arizona newborn photographer, phoenix area newborn photographer, phoenix newborn photographer, mesa newborn photographer, queen creek newborn photographer, gilbert newborn photographer, custom newborn photographer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP