Hi! I'm Holly Brimhall, a newborn photographer in Gilbert, AZ. I am the mother of 4 and a lover of ALL things baby. This blog is where I share the life of my family and favorite pictures of my newborn photography sessions.

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Idaho & Yellowstone....


Thursday, July 22nd, I picked Brett up at the Salt Lake City airport and we drove on up to Island Park, ID. Dr. Larry Nelson of Idaho Falls has attended quite a few of Brett's seminars and graciously offered to let us use his beautiful cabin for FREE! Now that is HARD to pass up! We spent our time playing in the creek just feet away from the back porch of the cabin, playing Settlers - Cities & Knights, freaking out a little bit about the notice left on the door to "be aware of a bear frequenting the area", hanging out with some of our neighbors who were also vacationing in Island Park, touring Yellowstone, etc.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Waiting for Old Faithful to "erupt"....
Photobucket
I looked down, smiled, grabbed my camera...love these boys who love each other (most of the time)...
Photobucket
There it goes...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Hanging out with our neighbors. Their families cabin is RIGHT on the lake....
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
After we paddle-boated around the lake and tried to catch a bunch of tadpoles and little frogs, we grabbed our sweatshirts and headed over to the Rodeo & Dinner at the Meadow Vue Ranch.
Photobucket
The kids all got to participate. And although they never won the grand prize....
Photobucket

Photobucket
The sucker was all he cared about anyhow...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
The dinner was pretty amazing - steak, chicken, beans, salad, homemade rolls, dutch oven potatoes. Oh, and peach cobbler with ice cream. Yes, I gained 8 pounds on my trip.... :(
Photobucket
The kids enjoyed the entertainment and dancing to the singing cowboy's fun music...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
A little line dancing...
Photobucket

Photobucket
Oh, we also went to the Wolf and Grizzly Discovery Center, which the kids loved!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
We ate the BEST PIZZA...ever!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
And now I'm wondering where my last memory card is. ALL of the pictures from our trip have been downloaded and sorted and edited...and I'm missing our last day at the cabin...with the kids playing in the creek, eating bags of chips on the back porch...and I'm feeling sad.

Oh well! Thank you to the amazing Nelson family! It was a treat to read through your "guest book" and see just how generous you are with all you have been given. You've created beautiful memories for so many families....including ours!

6 comments:

Kate 2:33 PM  

Things on my wish list include:
1) Some adorable boots for my girls. Those are so stinkin cute!
2) For you to expand your business so you can take pictures of our whole family (so that Allie isn't the only one who has been so wonderfully photographed)
3) A fancy camera
and 4) To attend one of your workshops, if you're going to have another one, and after I get that fancy camera. :)
For now, I think I'll just try to go for 1 out of 4 and find some little cowboy boots!

Kyla Makay 3:25 PM  

Wow! such fun! :) Great pics.

love, makay

Susie 8:23 PM  

Love all of your vacation pics! And thank you so much for taking the time to share them with us.

I'm with Kate on the workshop idea . . . would so like to hear how you work even a little of your magic!

Heather 6:23 AM  

Wow, looks like a little slice of heaven. I hope I get to go someday. Thanks for sharing your beautiful pics with us.
Heather

Melissa Fullmer 12:37 PM  

wow so jealous!! love that place!

Gina 9:08 PM  

We did the exact same thing last year at Yellowstone and went to the singing cowboy rodeo! What a blast. Brought back a lot of memories. Great moments captured. You are so talented.

Blog Patrol

About This Blog

Arizona newborn photographer, phoenix area newborn photographer, phoenix newborn photographer, mesa newborn photographer, queen creek newborn photographer, gilbert newborn photographer, custom newborn photographer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP