Hi! I'm Holly Brimhall, a newborn photographer in Gilbert, AZ. I am the mother of 4 and a lover of ALL things baby. This blog is where I share the life of my family and favorite pictures of my newborn photography sessions.

Tuesday, October 05, 2010

How beautiful it is....


to do nothing and then rest afterward (Spanish proverb).

{sigh}

We've made a little tradition of heading up north to Greer for conference weekend. That was our plan again this time around, but as it got closer and closer I wondered if we'd be able to pull it off, if we'd actually have time to get away.

Brett let me decide. As much as I was dreading the drive...especially for such a short trip...I said, "Let's do it!" And I'm so, so, so glad that we did. We stayed in our jammies, enjoyed the cool weather, and loved having the chance to be together, listening to our prophet and his apostles teach us and inspire us. Saturday as we listened to conference, a huge thunderstorm rolled through. We opened the doors, watched the rain pour down from the heavens, listened to the thunder roll across the little valley, wrapped ourselves in soft, warm blankets, and soaked in the beautiful words and music. Between sessions on Saturday, I took a nap. How beautiful it is to do nothing and then rest afterward. Aaaahhhhh!

On Sunday, I took my camera out of it's bag for a few shots...

Photobucket
My view for conference....couldn't be any more perfect.
Photobucket

Photobucket
Chubbers watched half of conference, I think, upside down...
Photobucket
Moose LOVES what he calls "half-time, snack-time"...
Photobucket
The last session on Sunday, a few people fell asleep....
Photobucket

Photobucket
I still can't figure out how anyone can sleep like this...
Photobucket

Photobucket
We also took a little trip to the local ice cream shop, saw the beginnings of fall colors on the aspen trees, had a BBQ with cousins, ate s'mores and hot chocolate and "Brimhall" tacos and all kinds of tasty foods. Here's hoping that Grandpa decides NOT to sell the cabin. Man, we love that place!

5 comments:

jenn goodman 8:53 PM  

I love these pictures!! Looks like such an awesome way to watch conference! :)

MyR 9:07 PM  

I understand how he can sleep like that...it's comfy!!! :D Looks like a FUN weekend!

Katherine 3:24 PM  

Holly,

I live in Mesa and am looking for a family photographer. I know you shoot newborns, but I was wondering if you would suggest someone who does families?
Thanks,
~Katherine
katherineamber_@hotmail.com

Tressa 7:12 AM  

Gavin sleeps like Bear is in that picture. I don't understand it myself either!

jeaniebug 8:57 AM  

Yeah...sleeping like that is totally comfy!!!

Blog Patrol

About This Blog

Arizona newborn photographer, phoenix area newborn photographer, phoenix newborn photographer, mesa newborn photographer, queen creek newborn photographer, gilbert newborn photographer, custom newborn photographer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP