Hi! I'm Holly Brimhall, a newborn photographer in Gilbert, AZ. I am the mother of 4 and a lover of ALL things baby. This blog is where I share the life of my family and favorite pictures of my newborn photography sessions.

Friday, November 19, 2010

Thankful {Day 10}....


Today I'm just sitting here with a big ole smile pasted on my face, because I'm thankful for my cousin, Cami. My whole life long, my grandparents always pushed "Cousin Power". They encouraged us to spend time together and provided a wonderful place for us to explore and create and make thousands of happy memories.

Life was truly at it's finest when we would drive up north to visit family. We'd arrive at our grandparents, give them hugs and kisses, and then RACE to the phone to call the DeWitt's to see when they would be arriving. You see, their family has three girls...all pretty much the same age as the oldest three girls in our family. It was heaven! I'd pace by the door sometimes or peer up the dusty dirt road, trying to catch a glimpse of one of their cars. When we were little, we'd build forts out of pine needles and scrapwood. We'd have pinecone wars...ouch! We hula danced on stage in our swimsuits and newspaper skirts. We'd build igloos and pull homemade taffy, make snowcones with fresh snow and warm our homemade mittens by the fire. I'm still glad to this day that grandma made me PINK mittens....the kind with the long string that attached them together. Those were the best! We had reunions every year. Aunt Candy, water balloon fights, card games, and carnivals. And with every single one of those memories, I see Cami and I together...as smiley, happy, little girls.

As we grew up, she was one of my dearest friends! She took me on my first motorcycle ride and I held on tight. She was a tough, small town girl...and me, the prissy and a bit wimpy city girl. We would go to church dances together. Her cousin, on the other side, would write me love letters. Ha ha ha! We'd go down to Maxwell's for treats and {gasp} caffeinated SODA! We NEVER had that at home :). We made all kinds of yummy treats and sold them at the family reunions. We would lay awake until the early hours of the morning...just talking and laughing...about random silly things...like pimentos and cheese. Sometimes we would laugh so hard SOMEBODY would pee their pants. I'm not really going to say who. And we aren't talking a little bit of pee, we are talking huge puddle, empty bladder kind of pee. We got to be wedding planners for my uncle's last minute wedding. We'd spend all kinds of money on fake tatoo's, which made my grandpa REALLY mad...it was kind of fun to make him mad.

And now she's that kind of friend who just shows up on my doorstep when she just knows that I need her...not because I've text her or because she's heard I've been sad...but just because she KNOWS. And she'll wrap me up in one of her bear hugs...and if you've had a Cami-hug then you truly know how amazing it feels...and I'll just sob. She gives the best advice and has more wisdom than most people I know. She's given me courage when I didn't think I had any. She sends me cute messages and little gifts...and she always makes me smile. Always!

Last year, when Brett collected letters from family and friends for my birthday, Cami's mom wrote this:
"Happy Birthday! I hope this is the best birthday yet and that you have many more to look forward to. You are an amazing person! I love the fun relationship that you and Cami have developed through the years. You two are truly examples of "Cousin Power". There has always been an unexplained kindred spirit between the two of you. I think you were the best of friends before you came to earth."

I guess I don't really know how to explain just how special she is to me. Maybe that kindred spirit between us will just have to remain "unexplained". But that Cami girl is more precious than gold and one of my dearest friends! Cami, I am thankful for you! Love you!!!

4 comments:

MyR 12:15 PM  

It's true! Cami is one of the most AMAZING people in the whole wide world! She can make you laugh harder than anyone I know and is always there with a shoulder to cry on and advice that makes life seem bearable again. I am thankful for Cami too!

Erica Shurter 8:34 PM  

I agree also! She is a pretty great girl! :) I went to high school with her!

Cami D. 10:13 PM  

HOLLY! Here I am crying and laughing and coughing from laughing - you are MY FAVORITE!! What a sweet post. . . You are one of a kind and you just make my heart happy! I'm SO glad that the "somebody" wasn't me who filled a tent with puddles! ha ha!

I am thankful for YOU!

Anna Marie Photography 9:05 AM  

Hi there, you don't know me, but my sister has shown me your blog, and I must say, I love it! You have given me so much inspiration, joy and just fun times reading all you have to say! I just wanted to say thank you.

Blog Patrol

About This Blog

Arizona newborn photographer, phoenix area newborn photographer, phoenix newborn photographer, mesa newborn photographer, queen creek newborn photographer, gilbert newborn photographer, custom newborn photographer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP