Hi! I'm Holly Brimhall, a newborn photographer in Gilbert, AZ. I am the mother of 4 and a lover of ALL things baby. This blog is where I share the life of my family and favorite pictures of my newborn photography sessions.

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thankful {Day 12, 13, 14, 15}....


Apparently that's the only way I'm going to make my goal...ha ha ha! But lately these are some things that have made me smile:

- The other day we were driving and Moose pipes up, out of the blue, "I'm going to have 6 kids - 4 boys and 2 girls. I'm going to name them Bob, Billy, Joe, Fred, Cindy, and Portia."

- Soccer season is ALMOST over. Just a few more practices, one more game for each boy, and as team mom, one party to plan.

I am seriously laughing at these pictures. I've put the kids in charge of folding socks, mostly because I can't stand that part of laundry, and apparently they have a bit of work to do on the whole matching thing. First of all, where are his green socks? Second of all, it looks like he has one black soccer sock...and maybe one of Brett's black church socks...I'm not sure! Awesome!
Photobucket
Moose thought it was pretty cool to be the "line-man" during Bear's game.
Photobucket

Photobucket
I like this little smiling face...messy hair and all.
Photobucket

Photobucket
Super fun to have some cousins there to cheer him on!
Photobucket

- My piano solo for church is DONE. Whew! I still get so dang nervous every time I have to perform in front of people. My hands were as cold as ice cubes and I could hardly get them to stop shaking...but it sounded pretty good if I do say so myself :)

- This morning while Moose was saying the blessing on the food, he said, "Please bless us that in 27 days we will have a really nice Christmas..." Ha ha ha! I seriously love him!

- I'm grateful that my house smells like peppernuts, even if I can't eat them. I need to experiment with some gluten-free ones.

Photobucket

Photobucket

- And, I just have to say it one more time...I am SO thankful that I didn't have to, I mean get to, host Thanksgiving dinner this year. We slept in, watched the parade while we made a few kinds of rolls (regular AND gluten-free) and a couple of pies with gluten-free pie crusts. I made the most delicious pumpkin pie - sugar free and an apple pie with a crumb top. Yum! Then we headed over to Aunt Sherida's home in Scottsdale for the perfect Thanksgiving dinner. We ate in the park across the street, took a few pictures, played flag football, I lost Nertz (what the heck?), and then we sweated our guts out to the new "Just Dance 2". We got home in time for a few hours of sleep before heading off for some good ole Black Friday shopping. I thankful THAT'S over, too!

Thanksgiving Day...asked the boys to give me a pose - Beybladez and who knows what Moose is doing...Spiderman? Who knows...
Photobucket
I can't wait until Chubs stops sticking his tongue out at me everytime I try to take a picture of him...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
We found a really nice man in the park willing to take a group shot for us so that I could be in the picture, too. I kept telling him, "Stand RIGHT here. Don't move, don't zoom, just press the shutter." He'd walk and zoom and move all over. I'd go back. Tell him the same thing over again. He'd squat and walk and zoom. Ack! Thus, all of the pictures he took look like this... Notice me on the left hugging on my man...
Photobucket
And then the one without me in it...standing right there, no zooming, no moving around :)
Photobucket
Uncle Brian, Aunt Ginger, Grandpappy, and Aunt Sherida...maybe next year John (Brett's dad) and Uncle Skeeter will join the party...
Photobucket
Our fam with Grandpa Brimhall...
Photobucket
Then it was time for some flag football fun...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
This team liked to huddle and they would huddle FOREVER between each play. I don't know if they were praying or what! Ha ha!
Photobucket
Some decided they'd rather dig in the sand then run around and get tackled...
Photobucket

Photobucket
And then Moose caught a pass thrown from the other side of the field, for a touchdown. Go bud!
Photobucket

- And I'm super thankful that Brett got to go hunting and that I took the kids up to the ranch on Saturday to enjoy ANOTHER Thanksgiving dinner with my grandparents, parents, little sis, some aunts and uncles and some cousins. It's always fun cooking with my grandparents! After dinner, my cousins took the kids on a hike up Prayer Hill, we put up their Christmas decor and decorated my grandparents Christmas tree, and then headed home....all without a single picture. I'm fired!

1 comments:

Sarah Carlston 9:03 PM  

Hi Holly,

When I saw you were going gluten free...I wanted to share with you this great website. This lady has amazing recipes and her book has even more knowledge and awesome recipes!

http://www.elanaspantry.com/

Maybe you have already seen it?

And your kids are all absolutely beautiful! Love all your pics! One of these days I am going to make it out to one of your workshops...are you still doing them?

Blog Patrol

About This Blog

Arizona newborn photographer, phoenix area newborn photographer, phoenix newborn photographer, mesa newborn photographer, queen creek newborn photographer, gilbert newborn photographer, custom newborn photographer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP