Hi! I'm Holly Brimhall, a newborn photographer in Gilbert, AZ. I am the mother of 4 and a lover of ALL things baby. This blog is where I share the life of my family and favorite pictures of my newborn photography sessions.

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Thankful {Day 6}...


I'm thankful for weekend getaways with my husband.

A couple of months ago, Brett came home from work and said, "Rachelle (a rep for a vitamin company that he sells for) said she'd like to send me to a conference in LA. I'm not sure if I should go or not, but she's paying for it." I gave him "the look", like REALLY? Of course you should go...and maybe I'll come with you. Heck, when he flies Southwest, I fly free. The hotel was paid for. We are absolutely going!

So my super cute cousin, Brittany, and her handsome new hubby, Austin, came to stay with the kids. My kids were literally jumping up and down with excitement. Obviously, we are super loved and for sure the best parents ever! Ha ha!

We flew out on Friday, attended the temple, did a little shopping, over ate at Fogo de Chao, and called it a day. Saturday we ate breakfast at Mimi's and then went here...

Photobucket


I know, I know...worse parent ever, right? We did have a bit of a skip in our step as we watched car after car unload strollers and diaper bags and sweatshirts and bags full of snacks. We even watched a temper tantrum or two. We went on every crazy fast ride and had so much fun just being together. No splitting up to take adventurous ones on this ride and scaredy cats on that ride. We were having so much fun and then I saw this...
Photobucket
and I longed to have my Chubbers with us. Really? I started missing all of the kids, feeling guilty being at the "Happiest Place on Earth" without them. Our little guy has never been to Disneyland and let me tell you, he is a Mickey Mouse LOVER. He would have gone NUTS! And to see Mater AND "Queemie" in real life...he might have just fainted from pure delight. Dang! We're gonna have to take him sometime soon!

Sunday was Brett's conference. I slept in and took my time getting ready. Then I drove up and down the coast, with the windows down, sea breeze in my hair, stopping to walk around and check out some cute tiny shops. Then I headed back, picked Brett up, and we caught our delayed flight home.
Photobucket
I LOVE getting away with Brett...just having a few days to focus on each other is the BEST!

1 comments:

Nicole 10:02 PM  

MAN! I could use one of those right now! Lucky!!!

Blog Patrol

About This Blog

Arizona newborn photographer, phoenix area newborn photographer, phoenix newborn photographer, mesa newborn photographer, queen creek newborn photographer, gilbert newborn photographer, custom newborn photographer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP