Hi! I'm Holly Brimhall, a newborn photographer in Gilbert, AZ. I am the mother of 4 and a lover of ALL things baby. This blog is where I share the life of my family and favorite pictures of my newborn photography sessions.

Monday, November 15, 2010

Thankful {Day 7}....


Maybe I can get at least 15 days of "Thankfulness" this month. I have SO much to be grateful for! What I could really use is a bit more time, though. I know, I'm dreaming!

Today I'm thankful for photography and for the chance I had to do this...

Photobucket
Oh, and looky there...NO BRACES! I cannot even BEGIN to tell you how thankful I am to have those puppies off!

I felt like the luckiest girl on the planet to be invited to take pictures at the groundbreaking for the new Gilbert, AZ temple, to have front row seats, and a "back-stage" pass.

Photobucket
At choir last week, I overheard a group of sisters planning their visit to the groundbreaking for the temple. Their plan was to arrive at 7:00 in the morning, when the priesthood was to arrive to start setting up chairs, so that they could be as close to the front as possible. People stood in line a really long time, just to get a picture of their family with a large framed picture of the temple. They estimate that 7,500 people attended the groundbreaking ceremony.
Photobucket
As I was taking pictures, Elder Walker, a member of the First Quorum of the Seventy - who I didn't know, walked over to me, shook my hand, introduced himself, and asked if there was a certain picture that I'd like. I could hardly get the words out that I'd like a picture of him and Elder Costa, a member of the Presidency of the Seventy who was presiding at the meeting, together. He said, "Sure! Let me get him for you!"
Photobucket
And then Elder Costa and his wife posed for me...
Photobucket
I loved listening to President Garn, the President of the Mesa, AZ Temple, bear his tender testimony of the gospel...
Photobucket
Sister Walker was just as cute as could be...
Photobucket
Sister Costa shared some sweet experiences and stories about the temple...
Photobucket

Photobucket
And Elder Costa shared his powerful testimony, as well...
Photobucket
After the land was dedicated by Elder Costa, the shovels were passed out...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Maybe my favorite part of the day was when President Barney was invited to come and take a turn. Elder Costa looked down at their shovels and joked about how it was obvious that President Barney was a REAL worker, that he was ready to get something accomplished, and compared it to his shovel. Those close enough to hear him had a good laugh...
Photobucket
Once the local leaders - congressmen, mayors, local stake presidents, etc had each had a turn, Elder Costa invited this darling girl, who happened to remind me of my Little Miss, to take a turn and then let each and every person who wanted to have a turn, dig a bit with their a golden shovel...
Photobucket
I'm grateful that I was able to take pictures with my friend, Jacque, and to be so close to the general authorities of the church. The Spirit felt there was something I simply will never be able to forget!!!

9 comments:

Megan 4:13 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Megan 4:13 PM  

Way fun! Elder Garn was in my mission as the are authority. We are so blessed to have the Gospel and Temples!!

Tressa 5:03 PM  

What a neat experience. :)

Tressa 5:04 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
kh 6:16 PM  

Your photos made a lump grow in my throat. It's so wonderful our state is getting more temples built. What a wonderful experience for you.

Cami D. 8:10 PM  

Holly that's so great!! I love that you are 'PRESS' not to mention GORGEOUS! Um hello!

wendy 9:35 PM  

Holly....hi :) I'm Wendy Walker Avila-my friend, Christa Stufflebeam linked me to your blog. I loved the photos of the groundbreaking-my mom and dad are Elder and Sister Walker. So happy to see what they've been up to!!!

Karen Liu 3:32 PM  

Yay! I'm so happy for you, Holly! What a wonderful experience.

Ali 1:17 PM  

Oh Holly, I'm so glad you posted those pictures! We live in Pecos Park (Higley & Pecos) and walked over to the groundbreaking. It was fun! And when had a pretty good view, but as soon as that dedicatory prayer was done people stood up & started leaving! We didn't get to see ANY of the groundbreaking, I was so disappointed! Thank you for sharing those pictures!

Blog Patrol

About This Blog

Arizona newborn photographer, phoenix area newborn photographer, phoenix newborn photographer, mesa newborn photographer, queen creek newborn photographer, gilbert newborn photographer, custom newborn photographer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP