Hi! I'm Holly Brimhall, a newborn photographer in Gilbert, AZ. I am the mother of 4 and a lover of ALL things baby. This blog is where I share the life of my family and favorite pictures of my newborn photography sessions.

Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Formal Front Room....


So even though this room isn't complete yet, it sure has come a long, LONG way!

Before...

Photobucket

After...

Photobucket

We ripped out the black tiles, tore down the rinky-dinky mantle, filled in the niche, Brett and my dad made the new mantle, and we hired somebody to lay the stone. I DID watch a youtube video on that but felt like we might as well hire a professional...which only cost us $350.

The cream picture frame resting against the fireplace will be hung above the mantle as soon as I get an amazing picture taken of my kids. A couple of months ago I was walking through Nordstroms and this insanely beautiful dress caught my eye. I checked the price tag. Yikes! But I kept dreaming and dreaming and dreaming about that dress. One day the thought popped in my head, "Run down to Nordstroms. There will be one dress left. It will be in Little Miss's size and it will be on clearance." So I did. And there it was. The only dress on the clearance rack. In Little Miss's size.

Photobucket

Amazing dress, right? Worthy of all kinds of dreaming about. The boys will be dressed in browns and mustard yellows and greens. Now I just need to find the perfect location. My goal is to get the picture taken in the next week or so.

More pictures...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And one more look at the room...

Photobucket

Are you in love with my long drapes that I made? I just have to give a huge THANK YOU to my little sis, Mindy. I called her and asked her to go to Rod Works (for all of you Arizonians we are getting a Rod Works in Gilbert in a few months!!!!) to pick out the finials/tie backs for me and mail them to me. I told her I wasn't picky and she laughed. Oh the pressure! But they are PERFECT and I LOVE them! Absolutely LOVE them. I still need to make roman shades for the 3 windows above the couch...but I need another sewing weekend with Cyndi. Another weekend of living in our pj's, laughing til our sides hurt, talking until the wee hours of the morning, and endless hours of sewing fun! Not only do I need to make those shades, but the drapes for the dining area, a roman shade for the window by the sink, drapes for the master....ack! I might need a FEW sewing weekends!

24 comments:

Mindy 7:42 AM  

Breathtaking, lovely, stunning, beautiful, etc. I am so glad the finials worked out :) You truly have an amazing vision and the impressive ability to create the perfect space.

kh 7:52 AM  

i can't believe the transformation! you would never believe the "before" picture. you have amazing taste!

~Carolyn Beth 7:53 AM  

I love your blog so much! You are wildly talented. I started following your photography, and now I can't wait to see the rest of your new house. Love your blog!

Tressa 8:17 AM  

It looks awesome Holl. :) I'm glad Mindy had the pressure to pick out the finials and not me! LOL
When exactly do you get here for womens conference, and when exactly do you leave? I just want to make sure that I have nothing else on my calendar so we can hang out as much as possible. :)

Nicole 8:23 AM  

Wow!! Your home looks absolutely gorgeous!! Great job pulling it all together--you've got a great eye for decor.

MegJill 8:49 AM  

Your room looks AMAZING!!! Seriously can't believe it is the same room. Your decor, the stone fireplace and new mantel, everything is beautiful! can't wait to see more of your home.
Oh, and yes, that dress is dream worthy!

Melissa Fullmer 9:21 AM  

lovely!! that room would make me happy to sit in :)

hcrjfrandall 10:00 AM  

The stone fireplace is to die for! Love the room! Thanks for sharing :0)

Mindy 10:51 AM  

you are amazing!! i love that you shared that inspiration about the dress. the things that are important to us, are important to HIM as well, and He helps us. now, i might just have to go to rod works.. never been. is that a sin considering where i live?

ellen 11:09 AM  

Wow! You've got vision. The room is beautiful!

Robin 11:12 AM  

I am drooling right now. You have an amazing talent, and I can't figure how you did that in such a short time. I still had bare walls and boxes all over my house two months after moving in. I'm going to hire you after my next move.
Can't wait to see more!

Robyn 11:50 AM  

Love it! Love that you will share so we can be inspired! Appreciate the pictures and time. It's beautiful!

Raquel 11:51 AM  

Oh my goodness!!! HOLLY! Can you come up to Minnesota and transform my house?!?! It is beautiful talented lady! Love your fireplace. You are going to have to give a detailed description of everything you've done to the whole house!!!
Raquel

Lacie 12:46 PM  

Holly,
I am loving your new house...just beautiful! Do you happen to know someone in the gilbert/mesa area that reupholsters furniture or sews slipcovers??

Positively Creative! 1:12 PM  

Beautiful!!! FYI at Styles for Less store in Superstition mall which I went in to get something for my daughter, walked in and to my much amazement saw THE most cutest adorable high heal shoes...AND they match Little Miss's dress exactly!! Brown all over and white lace fabric over the top of toe point of shoe WITH a cute leather brown flower in middle! Anyhow thought I would share in case you took pics with you two together:) I bought them a couple of weeks ago:) my size is 71/2 if you want to borrow:)xoxo

melanie liljenquist 3:51 PM  

Holly,

I have not left you a comment forever, I am so Sorry. I still Love your Blog and you still Amaze and Inspire me. I love all the Before and After Pictures. WOW is all I can say you are awesome and I love what you have done. Have you had fun doing your new House? Are you settled in now? Why did you decide to Move? Well Keep up the Good Work. I think of you often when I see My Kiddos Pictures you took as I walk down the stairs. I can't bear to change them because you did such a great job. Take Care.

Melanie

Alexandra Frankel 4:58 PM  

WOW! You are talented! Thank you for sharing, your house progress is so inspiring. LOVE that dress too, how lucky is that?!! Keep the pictures coming, I can't wait to see more!!

Kim 8:21 PM  

H-O-L-L-Y....

oh my goodness girl, that room is beautiful! I can't wait to see all the other magical works!

~Kim

Karman 11:40 AM  

Wow!!! Now that is an AMAZING before and after. Great job. Can't wait to see the rest of your transformations! Breathtaking!

Andrea 1:31 PM  

WOW. I am so impressed. It is beautiful and you have really made quite a transformation. I love it, and the curtains are beautiful.

Unknown 12:44 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown 12:51 PM  

I am so exciting to see your kitchen. I have been remodeling my kitchen painting my cabinets and then glazing them. I have been at a stand still just so I can see your kitchen just in case there is something I want to change again. You have beatiful taste and great ideas. Brandi

J. Paige 6:50 AM  

Beautiful! Any suggestions where to buy nice quality silk plants- I know you and your shopping talents and I know you know where the great deals are!!!!

CookingwithVictoria 2:13 PM  

The transformation is amazing! Where did you find the candle holders, they are beautiful!

Blog Patrol

About This Blog

Arizona newborn photographer, phoenix area newborn photographer, phoenix newborn photographer, mesa newborn photographer, queen creek newborn photographer, gilbert newborn photographer, custom newborn photographer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP