Hi! I'm Holly Brimhall, a newborn photographer in Gilbert, AZ. I am the mother of 4 and a lover of ALL things baby. This blog is where I share the life of my family and favorite pictures of my newborn photography sessions.

Monday, March 21, 2011

Here we go again....


Man, oh man, how I wished we could have one more week of spring break. One more week to stay in our jammies until noon, to play with cousins, to stay up late playing games with friends, to hang out in the mountains, to sleep in until 7:30 or even 8:00. But no, it's back to schedules and running kids here and there. Back to homework and scouts and soccer and dance lessons...and I REALLY need to start teaching the kids piano lessons again. With the whole moving thing, that kind of got pushed to the back burner. It's time to start that up again!

This past Thursday we headed up to Grandpa's cabin near Roosevelt Lake to hang out and spend some time together. Friday morning, after breakfast, we headed up just past Payson to meet up with some friends who were camping. We spent the better part of the day chatting, laughing at our children as they played in the frigid water, and getting dirty.

The boys also started a "rock-throwing" contest. Kind of like a "who can hit THIS first" contest. J-Bear hit the target first every single time. That boy can huck a rock! Makes me wish he hadn't given up on baseball and pitching or that he'd actually want to give football a try. He can throw a perfect spiral. He's got a heck of an arm!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Moose FINALLY learned how to skip a rock. He was pretty happy about that!
Photobucket

Little Miss was not at all bothered by the cold water. I wouldn't even stick a toe in...
Photobucket

Photobucket

After all of the water-frolicking, the bug collecting began...
Photobucket

And lounging together...
Photobucket

And stick collecting... and brother teasing... (notice Bear starting to sneak up on the Chubs?)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And the soda drinking....man that makes a happy kid :)
Photobucket

Photobucket
We are super grateful for our new friends!!!

Then we headed back to the cabin to change into our swimsuits and head down to the river (where the water was MUCH warmer) in hopes of catching bucketfuls of baby frogs (catch and release, of course)...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Man, I LOVE my kids!!!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And I'm pretty sure they love each other, too...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Bear found some chairs to sit on while lounging in the river...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Somebody got bucked off...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And since we were apparently a bit early for the frog catching (we did find a bunch of tadpoles) our bucket remained empty...that is until nature called...ha ha ha! (um, that's MUD on the bucket...promise!)
Photobucket

5 comments:

K Bailey 9:08 PM  

Love your pics....can you tell me where you bought your daughter's swimsuit? It's cute but modest! I usually end up with one for my daughter from Land's End or LL Bean but she's essentially had the same style suit (in diff colors) for several years. My email is kateebailey (@) gmail.com if you'd rather email.

Bless by Tone 1:03 AM  

wow I love your pictures

Christine Sweet 3:57 AM  

great pics! great memories! but am i the only one who just wants to see more pics of your house/decorating?!?! :)

seriously, I LOVE seeing pics of your gorgeous kiddos. always!

oh, and your newborn studio too! I'll be setting mine up in my new house once we move in May and would love ideas!

Blessings once again! And yes, as K Bailey said, I'm lovin' the cute but modest thing! ALWAYS a challenge!

Kristal 11:47 AM  

That last picture is HILARIOUS! You gotta do what you gotta do with these stinkin kids. I love it!

Tressa 3:12 PM  

Chubs is TOTALLY cracking me up in that last picture. ROFL!!! And I LOVE that you took a picture of it. Oh my goodness!
We can't wait for it to be our turn to be the fun cousins to hang out with. :) Come soon and stay long!!

Blog Patrol

About This Blog

Arizona newborn photographer, phoenix area newborn photographer, phoenix newborn photographer, mesa newborn photographer, queen creek newborn photographer, gilbert newborn photographer, custom newborn photographer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP