Hi! I'm Holly Brimhall, a newborn photographer in Gilbert, AZ. I am the mother of 4 and a lover of ALL things baby. This blog is where I share the life of my family and favorite pictures of my newborn photography sessions.

Sunday, May 15, 2011

So behind....


Once every few months, I get behind. Like really behind. And have to do a big ole catch-up post. If I don't, it's hard for me to get back on the wagon again. So here it is.

Yes, we did celebrate Easter around here. And although I didn't take pictures of all of our events that weekend, I did snap a few at the neighborhood Easter egg hunt...

Photobucket

Chubbers getting ready in his "stance", waiting for the word "GO!"....
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Little Miss had her end-of-the-year dance recital. I was SUPER sad that I would be missing the actual performance (it was Womens Conference weekend - which was amazing!), so I brought my camera to her dress rehearsal. I LOVE watching her dance.....
Photobucket
I mean she just has a smile PASTED across her face the whole time....
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
And I LOVE that she's looking at me here...and not the "photographer". I guess she's not the only one :) I did keep my camera put away while the "photographer" was taking the real group shots on the black blankets.
Photobucket

Moose graduated from Wolves and moved into Bears. He got to make a dessert with Dad to take to the Blue and Gold Banquet. It was fun watching them make it together. I thought it turned out super cute!!!
Photobucket

I made a goal to practice the piano more often....which I haven't done well at, at all. In fact, I only practiced once, I think. But Chubs fell asleep beneath my feet and I thought it was cute...
Photobucket

I got to tag along with Brett when he went to Tampa for a seminar. We got to spend Friday together, touring a Greek community, driving up the coast, eating yummy food, just enjoying being together. Before we left for our trip, our oldest, Bear, said, "Mom. You and Dad should rent a convertible there. When you are driving by the ocean at sunset, you should hold hands and kiss." I laughed and laughed. Then he said, "What? I saw it on a movie once." I hope he never turns 16. I'm a little afraid for his dating years :). A few pictures of our day in Tampa...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Brett trying out his suave-ish supermodel face. Hmmm....needs a little practice.
Photobucket

Work it, babe! Hey when you got it, you got it!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Um, amazing Greek food! We couldn't really decide what to get so we decided to go all out and try a little of everything. They brought some Greek cheese to our table, lit it on fire, and we all yelled "Oooopppa!" We had calamari, a sampler platter, and the most delicious shrimp I have ever eaten in my life. Brett thought I was making out with my shrimp. I don't know. I might have been. It really was THAT good! Hella's. Yum!
Photobucket

And right next to the restaurant was the bakery. Oh goodness! Health challenge? What health challenge? I gave up on that before I went to Utah for Womens Conference. Trying to decide what to get....
Photobucket

Photobucket

Then we decided to stop and shop a bit at the mall before heading to the airport to get Cami who was joining Brett at the seminar. We pulled, I saw this....and literally almost peed my pants...
Photobucket
It was a close call. Really! When I get the Ballard Designs catalog in the mail, I save it until I have a good hour to pour over every single page. If any catalog is MY STYLE, it's that one. A bit of french, a bit of country, a bit of classic traditional. It's simple and homey. It's me! I might have visited this store a FEW times while I was there.

We got to walk on the white powder sand at Clearwater Beach. It was DIVINE!
Photobucket

And Cami and I laughed and laughed...
Photobucket

Photobucket

We watched an amazing sunset....
Photobucket

I got to spend a lot of time laying on the beach...
Photobucket

Read some good books, tried to eavesdrop on all of the conversations around me until I realized nobody else was speaking English, browsed some magazines and spotted a picture of Kim Kardashian wearing the same shoes I have in this picture (felt a little "hip" when I saw that)....
Photobucket

And did a bunch of people watching....
Photobucket

We came home to a clean house, a counter covered in homemade Mothers Day cards, and happy kids. Heaven!

The kids showed some school spirit on Hawaiian Day...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Life is good!!!

3 comments:

Nicki 4:15 PM  

I love your big ole makeup posts. You and your husband (and family) are such beautiful people --- not just physically good looking, but sincerely, lovingly, beautiful. How much you all care for each other, right down the the suggested date outing, just oozes from your pictures. Bless all of you.

Heather O'Steen Photography 7:28 AM  

I really enjoyed this post. You went to one of my favorite places in FL - the sponge docks in Tarpon Springs - I LOVE that place! Sometimes you can even see dolphins jumping ahead of the sponge boats coming in to dock.

Cami D. 8:39 PM  

Brett is funny! Your kids are darling! You are gorgeous and I had FUN laughing with you! :) Thanks!

Blog Patrol

About This Blog

Arizona newborn photographer, phoenix area newborn photographer, phoenix newborn photographer, mesa newborn photographer, queen creek newborn photographer, gilbert newborn photographer, custom newborn photographer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP