Hi! I'm Holly Brimhall, a newborn photographer in Gilbert, AZ. I am the mother of 4 and a lover of ALL things baby. This blog is where I share the life of my family and favorite pictures of my newborn photography sessions.

Monday, May 23, 2011

Wiping tears....


Tonight I spent some time wiping tears. Wiping tears of deep despair from a heartbroken tenderhearted girl and feeling her own aching deep within my chest. She desperately wanted Chubs to sleep in the fort that they made yesterday and had slept in together last night. But he wanted his bed and a comfy mattress to sleep on. Who could blame him?

"I just want a sister," she sobbed. "I don't want to be alone anymore. I want someone to sleep in my room. Someone who likes to play the same things as me. Someone who just wants to be with me." I tried to console her and tell her how I much I loved to be with her, because I do. But sometimes it's best just to listen. To just wipe tears and listen. And so I did.

She told me through choking sobs of how her teacher had asked each child to think of one wish, and one wish only, to write about. To really think hard about what they wanted more than anything else in the whole wide world. She said, "Mom, I couldn't decide whether to wish for a sister or to wish for Grandma to be alive again. To be alive in her body right here with me. I mean, I really, really, really want a sister, but I think I want Grandma alive MORE...so I wished for that. But, Mom, I still really want a sister. Please adopt a sister for me. Please!!!!" My heart just breaks for her. It breaks because I have FOUR sisters. Four amazing sisters who I LOVE to be with. Who like to do the same things I like to do. Who just like to be with me. And I cannot imagine my life without them.

I wiped her tears and held her. I held her until those last stuttered breaths ceased. Until her breaths were long and deep...and then I let my own tears fall for my sweet daughter whose heart is heavy and sad tonight. I love you Little Miss! So much more than I know how to express!

Photobucket

9 comments:

MMW 10:40 PM  

Does your little Miss also love the idea of a little sister because of all the gorgeous amazing infant photos you take? Honestly, your pictures often make me want to have another baby again!

What a sweet sweet mom you are to your little girl.

Jennifer 7:40 AM  

Feeling your pain. I've seen those same tears in my daughter's eyes. I've heard the same story. "I really want a sister for Christmas." and "It's not fair. I don't even have a sister!!!"

My daughter has three brothers. I'm blessed with two sisters and I wish I could have given her a sister.

ellen 9:06 AM  

I prayed for a sister and asked Santa Claus for a sister for years (I have 3 brothers). She'll make friends that will be like sisters, I promise. I hear my friends talk about their sisters and I'm envious but it is what it is.

Tressa 7:55 PM  

She'll have to get some good cousin girl time in next month. :) And yes, I am constantly grateful for my 4 beautiful sisters whom I love to spend time with more than anyone else on earth (other than my husband and kids of course!).

Sugarplum Creations Blog 10:07 PM  

Aw, sweet girl :( I can't imagine life without my sisters either. And as much as we would love to have a little boy, I'm so happy that my three daughters will be welcoming another little sister soon. There is just something so sweet about sisterly love.

Sarah 6:44 AM  

There are tears in my eyes just from reading that!

Little girls seem to pull tight on their mommy's heart, and it hurts when there's something they are asking for that it (possibly) more than we can give. Their tender ways get us every time!

Mindy 9:31 PM  

Love her! I just think of how much all the girl cousins LOVE her...and then I think of how close you and Cami are, and think to myself: That is pretty close to sisterly love.

paulshadester@gmail.com 2:08 PM  

Tell her I feel her pain. I was the oldest, followed by three brothers who I adored! But they were not sisters. I was about her age when I decided to make it a matter of prayer and I diligently prayed EVERY SINGLE NIGHT for an entire year. One night my parents came in to surprise me with some news...they were expecting a baby! I knew in my heart it was a girl, but before ultrasounds it was a test of my faith for those whole nine months. It turned out to be a beautiful baby sister who I loved to tote around and dress up and she was followed by three more. I love my sisters dearly and am so grateful for them. I hope the best for your little Miss and hope you will give her my love.

Mary 2:12 PM  

The comment from paulshadester was mine. I didn't realize my husband was signed in on my computer.

~M

Blog Patrol

About This Blog

Arizona newborn photographer, phoenix area newborn photographer, phoenix newborn photographer, mesa newborn photographer, queen creek newborn photographer, gilbert newborn photographer, custom newborn photographer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP