Hi! I'm Holly Brimhall, a newborn photographer in Gilbert, AZ. I am the mother of 4 and a lover of ALL things baby. This blog is where I share the life of my family and favorite pictures of my newborn photography sessions.

Monday, April 09, 2012

Mary, Mary, quite contrary....


How does your garden grow? We decided we would go ahead and give square foot gardening a try this past fall and planted a winter garden. We had done row gardening before and had never been very successful at it. This square foot gardening thing is a BREEZE! Especially when you have your cousin install a drip system to the garden. We never had to water it or weed it or do anything. Just go out and pick what we want to eat. Carrots? Yum! Different varieties of lettuce? Super yum! (And part of my daily lunch). Onions and peas and tomatos and oregano and mint and all kinds of yummy stuff. Savannah and her cousin were out playing the other day...stopping to pick a snack out of the garden whenever they got hungry...and ran in to show me the "heart carrot" they found. Cute, huh? Of course, they wanted a few pictures....and I'm not one to say no to pictures :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And I'm loving that all of our trees have bloomed and are starting to grow baby fruit! Some oranges (didn't take pictures of the grapefruit, lemon, or tangerine baby fruits)...

Photobucket
Peaches!
Photobucket
Apples!
Photobucket
Apricots! We don't have any baby plums or pears....YET!
Photobucket
This past weekend we planted some more yummy stuff (to some of the stuff we planted a month ago)....lots of strawberries, two artichoke plants, more onions, bell peppers, watermelon, pumpkins. Can't wait for all of that squash to start producing. I love squash!

3 comments:

Danielle 8:53 AM  

This post is sooooooo pretty... that light... the freshness of the garden. A heart carrot... how perfect is that? Thanks for sharing.

Tressa 9:12 AM  

Yeah, square foot gardening is the best. :) Can I just say again how sad I am that we had to leave our 21 square foot gardens after just one summer season of having them installed? Yeah, it stinks.

Kristal 10:56 AM  

I was just bragging to someone about how cute your garden is this week. I'm jealous. and I'm SO incredibly jealous of these 2 adorable cousins playing together. Find us a house up there!

Blog Patrol

About This Blog

Arizona newborn photographer, phoenix area newborn photographer, phoenix newborn photographer, mesa newborn photographer, queen creek newborn photographer, gilbert newborn photographer, custom newborn photographer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP