Hi! I'm Holly Brimhall, a newborn photographer in Gilbert, AZ. I am the mother of 4 and a lover of ALL things baby. This blog is where I share the life of my family and favorite pictures of my newborn photography sessions.

Sunday, August 19, 2012

I am alive...I promise

Today I sat down at the computer and downloaded pictures from my camera for the first time in two whole months. I don't think that has ever happened before. 2 months? I don't think I've ever gone more than 2 weeks....normally I'm downloading pictures every few days. I guess you can do that when you've "retired" from photography. Retired? Yep. I did it. I took my last client 2 months ago...and man, oh man, was she darling...but it feels oh so good to be done. I have hundreds and hundreds of pictures to sift through of my children from this summer. We got to spend 3 fabulously amazing weeks in Hawaii...the trip of a lifetime for sure! But today I'm sharing pictures from the kids first days of school. I honestly am still having a hard time knowing that summer is officially over here. That our days of living in our jammies and swimsuits are in the past for now. That we are back to homework and lessons and scouts and all of that good stuff.

The elementary kids went back to school on Monday, August 6th. I asked Bryson how excited he was to start 5th grade...
Okay, so not that excited.

Ha ha! I seriously love him!

Grant wanted his picture taken with his super ninja wii golf club? Um, sure thing dude.

Savannah was a little bit more excited for school to start!


I just love this little series of pictures...Savannah's smile and how she adores her brothers (when they aren't teasing her and farting on her) melts me.




Jarom started 8th grade (and Grant started preschool....again) a few days later. I asked Jarom if he would be okay  holding the chalkboard frame. His response, "Um, no thanks, Mom." Dang kid. Growing up on me. Phooey. Sure love him and his poses.



3 comments:

Letia 8:33 PM  

Retired!!!! The babies in the world are crying that you aren't going to photograph them. You are amazing...but now you can just focus all that on your kids.

Kristal 9:55 AM  

oh my goodness Holly! I'm not kidding, ,you tell me a day and I'm picking Bryson up. I just love him. That first picture cracks me up! Him and Jaden need to get together (other than soccer....hopefully they get the same team again)

Debbie 8:39 AM  

Holly, so glad to see you posting again, but sad to hear you've "retired" from newborn photography. You have been such an inspiration to me as I've begun my own photography business & venturing into newborn photography. But I completely understand your decision and balancing family (utmost), your home, school, church, etc. God has made it very clear what our priorities should be & we tend to let the busyness of life change those priorities & dictate what they should be. So I commend you for "retiring" & doing what He has shown you is BEST for you & your family.

With that being said, any chance you're selling some of your newborn props? I'd be interested in taking a few off your hands if you are. Thanks for giving to this community of "mommy photographers" for the last few years. I love reading about your families adventures & following your posts! May God richly bless you for following His leading in your life.

Blog Patrol

About This Blog

Arizona newborn photographer, phoenix area newborn photographer, phoenix newborn photographer, mesa newborn photographer, queen creek newborn photographer, gilbert newborn photographer, custom newborn photographer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP